Interested In NORTH STAR CHAPTER LEADERSHIP?
Every year the North Star Chapter of the Appraisal Institute tries to send a representative to the Leadership Development & Advisory Council (LDAC). This year the Board of Directors would like to give a partial scholarship to three representatives. Our hope is that by attending the LDAC meetings you would be willing to share the experiences you learn and become more involved in the North Star Chapter.
In 2019, LDAC will be held Wednesday, May 15 through Friday, May 17, 2019, in Washington, D.C.
Registration for LDAC 2019 will open on February 12, 2019
We need to get applications for our representatives into the Appraisal Institute as quickly as possible. It filled up quickly last year and there was a waiting list as well as some applicants being denied attendance.
If you have any interest in attending the conference and are interested in applying for a scholarship, please contact Sheryle Hazard or Ana Powers at the Chapter office (email@example.com or 651-925-5528), no later than January 11, 2019. You will then be sent an application/questionnaire to be filled out and returned with your resume. A committee appointed by Josh Folland, MAI, North Star Chapter President, will go through the completed applications and make a recommendation based on the responses. We ask you to return the application/questionnaire no later than January 21, 2019 so the recommendation can be made in a timely manner.
If you have any questions about LDAC, please call Brian Tinjum, MAI (218-847-3885), or send an email to Evan Williams – firstname.lastname@example.org or Scott Brody – email@example.com.
WHAT IS LDAC?
Leadership Development & Advisory Council Overview
The Leadership Development & Advisory Council (LDAC) is a group of dedicated appraisers who come together once a year in Washington, D.C., to formulate solutions to problems and challenges faced by the appraisal profession.
The Leadership Development & Advisory Council strives to foster creative thought from talented individuals involved in the real estate appraisal profession while developing the future leaders of the Appraisal Institute. LDAC also establishes an “appraiser presence” in Congress and demonstrates that the Appraisal Institute is made up of professionals who recognize the importance of being actively involved in the political process. You may be asked to meet with a Congress Representative or Senator or their staff from MN, ND, SD, or WI to bring crucial appraisal issues to their attention.
- LDAC is your spring board for future leadership within the Appraisal Institute.
- You get to make a difference in the Appraisal Institute by helping to formulate solutions to obstacles and challenges faced by the appraisal industry.
- You have an opportunity to make your voice heard by members of the Nation’s lawmakers.
- Leadership development component, which includes leadership training and leadership opportunities.
- Earn up to 45 Points of Appraisal Institute continuing education credit for participating in LDAC. Please refer to Regulation No. 10: Continuing Education for more details. (CE will be granted at the end of the conference, after full participation is documented.)
For additional information about the Leadership Development & Advisory Council, please visit the Appraisal Institute website at: https://www.appraisalinstitute.org/about/leadership-development-and-advisory-council-ldac/
Up to 100 Participants will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Must be a Designated Member, Candidate, or Practicing Affiliate in good standing with the Appraisal Institute.
- Personal attributes, to be described in letter of recommendation (i.e., an up-and-coming leader in his/her Chapter, a strong contributor to discussion on a sophisticated level).
The following items are required for registration:
- Letter of recommendation from an Appraisal Institute Designated Member or Chapter Executive Director (which gives a clear picture of the nominee’s abilities and professional activities);
- Application form (to be completed by the nominee online);
- Photograph of nominee; and
- Registration fee of $615 (refunded if the nominee is not selected to attend).
If you are interested in applying for a scholarship, please contact Sheryle Hazard or Ana Powers at the Chapter office (firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-925-5528). You will then be sent an application/questionnaire to be filled out and returned with your resume no later than January 21, 2019.
Brian R. Tinjum, MAI
Chairman of LDAC Selection Committee