North Star Chapter Members,
The Minnesota Association of Assessing Officers (MAAO) has published their education offerings for 2019. You can register for classes at https://www.mnmaao.org/educational-offerings. Not all of the assessor courses have been approved for appraiser credit by the Commerce Department. As with any course, you will want to verify that it has been approved for appraiser education.
2019 Courses Open for Registration:
- Assessment Laws and Procedures (ALP) with Ethics – January 14-17, 2019 | Chanhassen, MN – Course is full, waitlist opportunity available.
- Basic Appraisal Principles – February 4-7, 2019 | Chanhassen, MN
- Basic Appraisal Procedures – February 25-28, 2019 | Chanhassen, MN
- Basic Ag 101 June 10-11, 2019 | St. Cloud, MN (15-Hour Elective)
- ASFMRA – Valuation of Conservation Easements and Other Partial Interests In Real Estate – June 12-14, 2019 | St. Cloud, MN (15-Hour Elective)
- Assessment Laws and Procedures (ALP) with Ethics – July 8-11, 2019 | Sauk Rapids, MN
- Minnesota Residential Case Study Workshop and Exam – July 15-16, 2019 | Maple Grove, MN
- Minnesota Assessment Administration – July 29-August 1, 2019 | Chaska, MN
- Basic Appraisal Principles – August 5-8, 2019 | St. Cloud, MN – Registration Information Coming Soon!
- Basic Income Approach – August 12-16, 2019 | Chanhassen, MN
- IAAO 102 – Income Approach to Valuation – August 19-23, 2019 | Chanhassen, MN
- Basic Appraisal Procedures – August 26-29, 2019 | St. Cloud, MN – Registration Information Coming Soon!
- Mass Appraisal Basics – September 16-20, 2019 | Chanhassen, MN
- USPAP – September 24-25, 2019 | St. Cloud, MN
- LEAD – Conflict Management and Developing Leadership Skills – October 7-8, 2019 | Chaska, MN (15-Hour Elective)
- LEAD – Leading by Example when Managing Others and Work – October 9-10, 2019 | Chaska, MN (15-Hour Elective)
- IAAO 112 – Income Approach to Valuation II – October 21-25, 2019 | Chanhassen, MN (30-Hour Elective)
- Minnesota Income Case Study Workshop and Exam – October 29-30, 2019 | Chanhassen, MN
2019 Ethics Offerings Open for Registration:
- St. Cloud | May 21, 2019
- Brainerd | July 17, 2019
- St. Paul | August 22, 2019
- Owatonna | August 28, 2019
- Pine City | September 5, 2019
New Registration Policy for 2019:
Registration for all MAAO courses will close one week prior to the start of the course. This date is published on each course page and will allow the organization time to prepare and order materials for each offering. Please plan accordingly and register early for your courses!
If you are looking to sign-up as an MAAO member or renew your MAAO membership to receive the member discount on courses, please look out for Membership information around December 1st and sign-up for your courses after!
Be in the know – Income Courses:
- 2019 will be the last year that MAAO will be offering the Basic Income course.
- If math is not your strength, make sure to attend Basic Income this year followed by IAAO 102 – Income Approach to Valuation when you are able.
- Looking for a challenge? Consider taking IAAO 102 – Income Approach to Valuation and IAAO 112 – Income Approach to Valuation II for your income courses.
What electives is MAAO offering this year?
For your AMA elective you are required to take one 30-hour course OR two 15-hour courses (courses denoted above). You cannot use the same course to meet you elective requirement and another requirement (ie. Income Course) towards you AMA. Please see the Minnesota State Board of Assessors website for more details.