How do I become an appraiser?
- To appraise real property, all states require appraisers to be licensed or certified. See the State Licensing page for more information about the process and requirements in your state.
- The Appraisal Institute offers basic real estate appraisal courses that will help you meet your state’s requirements.
What is the Appraisal Institute?
- The Appraisal Institute is an international association of more than 19,000 real estate professionals.
- We are the largest appraisal organization and the acknowledged leader in real estate appraisal education, publishing, and research.
- We offer general and residential designations to qualified members.
What can the Appraisal Institute do for me?
- Membership in the Appraisal Institute increases your business potential.
- We provide members and the public with high quality real estate appraisal education at discounted rates.
- We offer the most widely recognized designations in the industry.
- Members receive regular periodicals with up-to-date information and discounts on all our courses, seminars, and publications.
- Members also have access to group insurance benefits, the Lum Library and research service, and an advocate in government relations on the national and state levels.
- Individuals in related fields can gain access to qualified real estate appraisers and consultants across the country through our directory of members.
- Bankers, lawyers, government officials, and others who deal with real property transactions can also benefit from our educational programs, publications, and periodicals.
What are the costs of membership?
- Click here to see the National Dues structure
- Click here for the 2019 Chapter Service Fee (CSF) Full Policy
- Additional processing and tuition fees are charged for educational programs and other requirements throughout the designation process.