Need help with your career? Check out the local positions below!
Looking for a national opportunity? CLICK HERE to go to AI’s Career Center page.
Need help with your career? Check out the local positions below!
Looking for a national opportunity? CLICK HERE to go to AI’s Career Center page.
Information For Submitting Ads:
Submit your ad via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ads for open positions must include the following information to be posted:
Ads for positions wanted must include the following information:
Please allow up to three business days for your ad to be posted to our website. You will receive a confirmation via email once your ad is live. Ads will remain posted until we receive notification that the position has been filled, or, for job seekers, that you have found employment or wish to remove your ad.
The Career Board is a free service for Chapter members. A posted ad does not constitute endorsement by The North Star Chapter.
Valbridge Property Advisors | Minneapolis-St. Paul works in a true team environment.
Through weekly team meetings and ongoing collaboration, we work together to ensure we exceed our clients’ expectations and foster development of our team members. We are currently hiring for an Associate Appraiser.
Associate Appraiser duties include:
We are looking for a diligent Associate Appraiser to produce credible results for clients and other intended users. You will be responsible for analyzing, interpreting, and reporting on appraisal data.
To apply, contact Jennifer Dewberry at email@example.com.
The Review Appraiser (RA) position is located in the Regional Loan Center (RLC) at the St. Paul Regional Office in St. Paul, MN. The RA is responsible for oversight of an assigned multi-state jurisdiction and will perform a full range of construction and valuation matters affecting the VA Loan Guaranty Program.
COMMERCIAL APPRAISER – Job # 2024.21.001
POSTING TYPE: External
DEPARTMENT: Dakota County Assessing Services
SALARY RANGE: $62,661.00 – $97,908.00 Annually (108 Grade level)
CLOSE DATE: Continuous until filled, first review of applicants will begin on February 22nd.
Tinjum Appraisal Company is currently seeking an experienced Certified General Appraiser to join our team. We are looking for a self-motivated appraiser capable of completing high quality agricultural, commercial, recreational and residential valuation in a timely matter. Candidate should possess strong analytical and writing skills, demonstrate attention to detail, have the ability to manage assignments while meeting deadlines and possess proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel. An active Certified General Appraisal License or the ability to obtain in the states of Minnesota and North Dakota is required. Designation with Appraisal Institute or American Society of Farm Managers and Rural Appraisers is desirable, but not required. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
Contact Name: Brian Tinjum
Please respond with Appraisal Qualifications and copy of licensure(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org. All responses will be kept confidential.
Tinjum Appraisal Company, Inc. was founded in 1973 by Rodger K. Tinjum after 11 years with the Minnesota Department of Transportation. Currently, the company consists of two certified general appraisers (commercial-industrial/special use, recreational, waterfront and rural appraisers) and an appraiser trainee. Within the company are an Accredited Rural Appraiser (ARA) and a MAI designated appraiser. We have extensive experience in commercial, industrial, agricultural, recreational, residential, rural residential and special use properties such as resorts, restaurants, convenience stores and related operations. Our background and experience includes agricultural, commercial, industrial, multi-family, recreational and lakeshore properties, improved and unimproved, as well as large frontage tracts as a whole and for development purposes. Our primary work area is northern, northwestern and west central Minnesota as well as eastern North Dakota, although we have completed appraisals in Michigan, Iowa, South Dakota, Missouri, Nebraska and western North Dakota.
Patchin Messner Valuation Counselors is currently seeking motivated individuals to join our team as an Associate Appraiser. Qualified candidates have a degree in Real Estate, Finance, Accounting or Economics, or have equivalent experience in real estate. Candidates must have strong analytical and writing skills, as well as proficiency in Word and Excel. Both entry level and experienced candidates will be considered.
Compensation is commensurate with experience, and includes benefits and a 401k plan.
Contact Email: email@example.com
Headline: Supervisors for Residential and Commercial Appraisal
Company: GTRE Commercial
Position: Residential Trainee, Commercial Trainee, Associate Appraiser, Senior Appraiser
Description: GTRE Commercial is currently seeking trainees and experienced appraisers for residential and commercial appraisal work.
Location: Edina, MN
Contact Information: To apply, please contact Gordon Tuchenhagen
Company: Sunrise Banks
Location: 2525 Wabash Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55114 (May have flexibility to work remote)
We are not just a bank; we are an innovative financial services company wrapped in a social enterprise.
We are focused on our mission, our customer’s experience, our community at large; we value our employees above everything else.
Have you been called a unicorn? Are you maybe a little weird? Driven to be your best?
We’re not looking for just anyone. We want employees who strive in a culture of achievement, who share our values, want to add to our culture, like to have fun, and work hard to make a difference.
Position: Residential Appraisal Review Specialist
Job Description: This position will support the appraisal management and review process for residential properties in the Credit Administration Department. This position regularly communicates with internal customers, external customers, and third-party vendors. A thorough understanding of USPAP compliance, regulatory guidance regarding appraisal independence and appraisal standards for secondary market mortgages is necessary. Prior bank appraisal review experience and current appraisal license is necessary. Familiarity with preparing evaluations for residential properties is preferred.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
To apply visit www.sunrisebanks.com and click on the posting for Residential Appraisal Review Specialist in our Careers section.
Contact: Kathryn Ludtke, HR Specialist – Talent, Sunrise Banks, firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-927-1519.
Company: Associated Bank
Location: 704 N Grand Ave, Waukesha, WI 53186 (with ability to work remotely)
Position: Assistant (Residential) Appraisal Officer
Job Description: Full-time position. On all loan transactions secured by Residential real estate,
responsible for working with the Residential, and Chief Appraisal Officers to ensure that
appropriate real estate valuations are obtained and reviewed in compliance with Federal
Regulations and Bank lending policies. Responsible for the coordination and monitoring of any
third party vendors contracted to fulfill the real estate valuation requirements of the bank and for
the management of any bank employees fulfilling these requirements. In addition, assist the
Appraisal Officers and the Lines of Business with questions regarding Real Estate Appraisal and
Evaluation ordering and review policies and procedures.
Job Accountabilities · Perform reviews (provide guidance to others completing reviews) of all
appraisals and evaluations for all residential real estate transactions. Assist lenders and credit
officers in receiving supported real estate values for lending purposes ensuring high credit
quality in compliance with regulations. Provide guidance in the selection of real estate
appraisers for a specific loan transaction. Appraisers should be chosen from a pre-existing list
based on type of loan and expertise of appraiser. Provide guidance in the preparation of
Engagement Letters and answer questions or concerns from the appraiser or line of business
regarding appraisal issues. Collaborate with Appraisal Officers (Chief and Residential),
Corporate Loan Review, Relationship Managers, Underwriters, Processors, and Credit Analysts
to ensure overall appraisal compliance, independence, and valuation. Address and resolve all
real estate valuation disputes in compliance with Associated Bank’s Lending Policy to provide
appropriate course of action and optimize dispute outcome. Provide the necessary
documentation and respond to additional requests from ASBC Internal Auditors and OCC
Examiners to ensure that all new residential real estate valuations meet the current federal
requirements regarding compliance, independence, and proper support of the value
conclusions. Assist in the evaluation and coordination of the approved appraiser lists and
recommend qualified additions or deletions from said lists.
Benefits: Based on experience
Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and
experience Finance, Real Estate, Accounting, Required
Experience: 4 – 7 years Residential appraisal report preparation, appraisal management, and/or
appraisal review, Required. Certified General or Certified Residential State Appraisal License in
one of the States within the Bank’s footprint by start date. Preferred Member or Candidate of a
Professional Appraisal Organization (such as SRA, ASA, AI-RRS).
Contact Information: https://www.associatedbank.com/Careers Click on the orange Search
and Apply button Enter the job number: 2010651 or enter keyword: Assistant Appraisal Officer
POSTING TYPE: External
DEPARTMENT: Assessing Services
SALARY RANGE: $68,806 – $107,509/year (109 Salary Grade)
LOCATION: Hastings, ADC
CLOSE DATE: Continuous until filled, first review of applicants will begin on March 20th
Under the general direction of the Commercial Manager, the Appeals Specialist conducts case evaluations and recommends defense strategies; performs complex and technical narrative appraisals of commercial, industrial and special purpose properties; testifies and defends assessed values in Minnesota Tax Court; negotiates resolution of appeals with property owners, representatives and attorneys; responds to difficult questions or concerns; provides appraisal advice and general appeal guidance to commercial appraisers; provides excellent customer service; performs related duties as assigned.
License: Accredited MN Assessor (AMA) or Senior Accredited MN Assessor (SAMA) license
Or assessment designation from the IAAO (CAE, AAS, RES)
Or appraisal designation from the Appraisal Institute (MAI, SRPA, SRA, RM)Duties & Responsibilities
These examples do not include all possible tasks in this work and do not limit the assignment of related tasks in any position of this classification. Regular attendance according to the position’s management approved work schedule is required for all positions.
1. Responsible for appraising the higher valued commercial properties within the County including resolving the more complex tax court appeals. Also includes specializing in the more complex appraisal assignments as may be assigned county-wide
2. Responsible for providing overall advanced case analysis and recommending strategy for the litigation and effective defense of court petitions. Handle all aspects of commercial, industrial, apartment, and special purpose property tax petitions including: reviewing compliance with income data disclosure, negotiating fair settlements with tax attorneys, preparing highly technical self-contained narrative appraisals and defending values through expert witness testimony in Minnesota State Tax Court
3. Work closely when needed with the County Attorney in matters related to Tax Petition litigation
4. Develops narrative appraisal templates for use by the Commercial Appraisers
5. Research and Develop market rents, market vacancies and market cap rate tables for use by Commercial Appraisers
6. Advises and coaches Commercial Appraisers throughout the appeal process and provides direction on appropriate application of complex appraisal/assessing techniques and procedures.
7. Assist with complex property sale verification and provide input into the CAMA/assessment process to provide appraisal driven results
8. Develop computer spreadsheet applications and valuation models for CI appraisers; DCF models, Income and Comp sales market adjustment grids
9. Represents County Assessor at Board of Equalization meetings and meets with local elected officials on appraisal related matters
10. Investigates and reviews requests for reduction of valuation; makes recommendation to County Assessor regarding abatements and classification changes. Takes appropriate course of action
11. Comply with all statutory, department and County directives
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities and Work Environment
Organizational Knowledge and Strategy
• Comprehensive knowledge of appraisal methodologies, and ability to apply and interpret all three approaches to estimating market value (market, income and cost)
• Comprehensive knowledge of Minnesota property tax laws and ability to explain tax system to customers
Ability to research past Tax Court decisions for relevant precedent in current litigation.
• Knowledge of the rules, regulations and laws pertaining to appraisal and zoning
• Demonstrated ability and desire to expand knowledge of the assessment and appraisal process, and assessment administration
Technical Skills and Analytical Thinking
• Possess high technical knowledge and skills of implementation associated with all appraisal methods including, but not limited to, the Cost Approach, Income Approach, Sales Comparison Approach, and Multiple Regression Analysis.
• Technical knowledge and training with testing, certification and licensure mandated by Minnesota State Law and administered by the State Board of assessors and or the Commissioner of Commerce.
• Ability to apply complex problem solving techniques in response to customer disputes and tax issues
• Considerable knowledge of real estate terminology and instruments of transfer
• Considerable knowledge of the principles of building construction and costs
• Considerable skill and knowledge of computer spreadsheet software; regression analysis software, computer assisted design programs along with other specialized technology skills
• Knowledge of advanced math principles and statistical analysis and the ability to read and diagram real estate descriptions, plat drawings, maps, blueprints, contracts and mortgages
• Provide excellent customer service in a friendly, prompt and knowledgeable manner using effective communication skills, both written and oral
• Ability to write concise reports and correspondence, maintain records and speak effectively in public
• Ability to work effectively with other county departments, attorneys, local officials and other assessor’s offices relating to the assessment and classification of various types of property
Leadership and Administrative
• Ability to make independent, quality decisions to resolve issues
• Ability to adjust work priorities, organize work, set goals and meet deadlines
• Ability to work unsupervised and independently
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work is performed in a County office building. Some travel is required. Lifting requirement of up to 20 pounds on an occasional basis. Exposure to hazardous physical conditions such as mechanical parts, electrical currents, and vibration; atmospheric conditions such as fumes, odors, dusts, gases and poor ventilation; extreme temperatures, inadequate lighting, and intense noise may occur on the job. Must have the physical ability to work outside in all weather and inspect properties. Equipment used may include, but is not limited to, computer, printer, telephone, calculator, copy and fax machines, CAMA Appraisal System, cash flow programs, tape measure, recording devices, digital camera, mass mailing, statistical software, INTERNET based ACE commercial data exchange system, letters, brochures, and spreadsheet programs
SELECTION PROCESS: The examination/selection process for this classification will consist of a rating of your training and experience from the application materials submitted. The top scoring candidates will be forwarded to the hiring department for further consideration.
Certified Residential Appraiser seeking job as Appraiser Supervisor or Quality Control Review or related. I have extensive experience in all areas of residential appraising.
Interested parties, please contact Tom Campbell at email@example.com.
My name is Niles Boyce-Fisk. I’m seeking a qualified supervisor in the Twin Cities metro area in the next 6 months. I am a licensed real estate agent and member of MAAR and have been for going on eight years now. I have access to the Northstar MLS, showingtime, and supra lock boxes.
Interested parties or anyone with questions please contact me via email or phone. firstname.lastname@example.org or (612) 296-5708
Residential trainee recently completed Kaplan’s appraisal course and passed the MN State trainee exam. Now seeking a Supervisor to fulfill 2,000 trainee hours.
Interested parties, please contact trainee Jon Ivascu at email@example.com.
Full name: Laura Kotten
Currently working a full-time flexible job and transitioning out of that role. Would like to work part-time to begin gaining experience, potentially leading to full time in the fall. Please email me with opportunities or questions.